KEY IN CODE "PAINT5" FOR 5% OFF AND FREE DELIVERY (ABOVE $100)!
Excludes Professional Painting Service, Painting Tools & Spray Paint.
Painter’s tape is designed for professional or DIY painters to achieve clean lines effortlessly. This type of tape is made to be easy to tear by hand and prevents liquids from seeping through. Additionally, they are easy to remove from walls, leaving no residue.
Nippon Paint Singapore’s painter’s tapes are perfect for anyone who would like to paint their homes themselves. If you are looking to have a painted feature wall art, this is the product for you! Our tapes come in blue and yellow colours, in 1” and 1.5” thickness — they are strong adhesives that can be removed easily with zero damage to surfaces.
Masking Tape vs Painter’s Tape
Here are some differences between masking tape and painter’s tape, and why you should use painter’s tape for a painting job.
- Ease of removal and possibility of residue
Painter’s tape is designed to be left on surfaces for long hours without leaving a residue after it is removed. However, masking tape comes with an extra sticky adhesive which may be difficult to pull off if left on surfaces for too long.
- Ability to withstand paint
Both water- and oil-based paints may cause masking tape to crumble, allowing it to seep through. Because painter’s tape is made to withstand paint, it will hold its shape and prevent any leakages.
Tips For Using Painter’s Tape
- Clean the surface before applying the tape to ensure that it sticks well
- Press on the edges of the tape to seal the edges well after it is applied
- Only apply tape to areas that you will be painting on the day itself
- Use shorter strips and overlap them so they are easier to apply and remove
- Avoid using painter’s tape outdoors as UV rays may cause the tape to become very difficult to remove